Tuesday 2 December 2014

Blogmas Day 2: Dear December

Dear December, 

It always seems like the year passes so quickly, in a complete blur, just to get back round to you. This year, you bring my 21st birthday, which I hope to celebrate over a few days with my closest friends, family and boyfriend. The last two birthdays have been a bit of a disappointment, but I have hope that this year, you'll make it worthwhile. 

December, you bring bitter weather, rain and winter coats, but also bring festive cheer and merriment among even the grumpiest of people. You make people happy with bright lights, decorations, and Christmas songs, and bringing people together to celebrate as one. 

Although I hate the cold, I love the excuse of being able to spend the day cuddling up in a blanket with the fairy lights on, watching Netflix and drinking hot chocolate. You give me that excuse, December. 

I know that this month is going to whizz past, and soon you'll just be another memory. But I also know that 2015 will be a quick one, and it won't be long until I see you again. 

Until next year,

No comments:

Post a Comment