Monday 27 January 2014

100 Happy Days

I saw something on Facebook the other day that caught my interest, a new social networking challenge, encouraging the participants to post a picture every day for 100 days, of one thing that has made them happy. It can be anything as trivial as a chocolate bar, or something with a little more depth, like a romantic meal with your significant other, or a family holiday. Literally anything that makes you smile.

I'm the kind of person that leads a fairly content life. There's nothing specifically wrong with my life, in fact, right now, there's nothing wrong at all. But even though I know nothing's wrong, I'll find myself getting upset over the smallest, insignificant things. Things that haven't even happened. Sometimes my imagination gets the better of me, and I imagine situations in my head that cause me to burst into unnecessary tears, or stress myself out (I'm such a female, I know!). 

So when I saw this challenge, I figured that by posting a picture a day of the good things going on in my life, it will allow my brain to stop making up these stupid scenarios, and focus on being happy. 

I'll be posting my pictures on Instagram (kathryne_xoxo) using the hashtag, #100happydays. To sign up, go to 100 Happy Days and join in!  If you decide to participate, feel free to link whatever social media platform you choose to post it on in the comments section! I'd love to see how you do, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment