Friday 17 January 2014

The Quiet Place Project

This post is a little different than usual. Instead of a random life story, I'm going to introduce you all to one of my favourite websites. I first saw someone post a link on Twitter, and I've never seen anything like this before.

The Quite Place Project is the most relaxing, calming website I've ever experienced. It allows you to stop for a minute, and just be with your thoughts, without checking your phone for messages, or scrolling through all the pointless statuses on Facebook. To me, it's perfection. 

I'm one of those people that reply on technology way too much. Where I'm a student, and spend the majority of time in my room, I've become extremely reliant on the internet. Whether it's browsing through the many social networking sites, watching TV shows or films on Netflix, or even shopping, I spend way too much time doing pointless things. This website allows me to take a little time away from that, to just relax. 

There are different "rooms" within the website: the quiet place, the 90 seconds relaxation exercise, the thoughts room, the dawn room and the comfort spot

Although each room is amazing, my favourite is without a doubt the thoughts room. As I'm sure you're all aware, I'm one of those people that overthink everything. Even the simplest things, I will overthink. I mean, why else did I start this blog? I needed somewhere where I could vent all of my thoughts and feelings so I wouldn't feel like I was going to implode! The thoughts room helps me to somewhat tackle this issue. There is a status bar, where you can write any thoughts or emotions that are going through your head. And as you type, you watch the words beautifully explode into stars, allowing them to escape your mind, even if only for a little while. I encourage you all to try it; its simplicity works beautifully. 

I don't think enough people know about this website, and it definitely deserves more recognition. It's helped me to feel more relaxed when I've been stressed or overthinking again, and I guarantee it'll help you out too. 



2 comments:

  1. Off to check it out. I could use a quiet spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out, it's such a good place to go when you feel like you need some time away from the world! x

      Delete