Saturday 4 January 2014

C'était Très Français!

My university department was awesome enough to organise a trip to Paris in November this year, which I, of course, jumped at the chance of going! The whole trip was for 4 days, 3 nights, and (the best part) including the Eurostar there and back, accommodation and a 3 day Metro pass, the entire thing only cost me £140 (Yay for university subsidies!).

As soon as we got there, we were pretty much left to roam free and do whatever the hell we wanted to do, so me and my good friend (and housemate!), Kirstie, planned to see everything we could in this beautiful city! So I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite moments from the trip.

Our first stop was the Notre Dame, a truly beautiful cathedral on the inside and out! We went there on our first night in the city, but went back a second time, during the day, as we were unable to climb to the top the first time. Its views were incredible, being able to see right across the city (and also get a picture with the gargoyles, of course!)





We visited the Louvre museum, and let me tell you, if you ever plan to go there, allocate a large time slot - this place is HUGE! We saw the Venus de Milo, the Mona Lisa, and my favourite, this strange sculpture that bares a striking resemblance to Voldemort...





We did some shopping in the Gallerie Lafayette, where we found the most beautiful Christmas tree, before we ventured to the Champs Elysée, for their Christmas market. We tried macarons and tete au chocolats for the first time (both of which are beautiful!), before we found this stunning light display! It was too beautiful not to capture!





We went to the Sacre Couer, a beautiful Romoan-Catholic church in Montmartre. It takes patience and energy to climb over 300 steps (steep ones, might I add!), but the view is well worth it, overlooking the entire city. 



Classic Arc de Triomphe selfie... I didn't know until we got there, that we were able to climb to the top of the monument! Like every view in Paris, is was breathtaking. This is a view of the Champs Elysée - I especially like how you can see where the lights begin for the Christmas Market!




We knew before arriving in Paris, that we wanted to find the Love Lock Bridge, but we stumbled upon it by chance, when looking for a cafe by the Louvre! It was truly beautiful to see so many locks placed here by random travellers.




And last but certainly not least, the Eiffel Tower. I've always wanted to go to Paris, so when I first saw a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower from the Louvre, I was crazy excited! We went to the Trocadero viewing thing (ooh, how technical) during the day, then actually went up it at night. Going up in the lift, I felt sick... I didn't realise it would feel so high up! But once I was at the top, I felt at ease behind the fencing, and the view was absolutely spectacular! Seeing everything around the city lit up was really something, and definitely my favourite part of the trip!






I hope you guys enjoyed my little overview of my trip, I definitely hope to go back there one day, maybe with a guy... They don't lie when they say it's the most romantic city in the world... Truly beautiful... 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Jealous! I haven't been to paris in years! xx

    aspectatorsport.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! The other half and I have been talking about going to Paris for our 10th anniversary together next year. Need to get saving those pennies as seeing your photos makes me want to go more than ever!

    Debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go, it's so beautiful! It also wasn't as expensive as I expected! x

      Delete
  4. So jealous!! I want to visit Paris soon! My cousin visited Paris and brought back a box of macrons... sooo delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful! I've only ever been to Paris once, but it makes me want to go again. Loving the lock idea too!

    Aftab
    http://www.freshandfearless.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete