Friday 30 August 2013

A Failed Summer

Having finally received the key to my new house through my door this morning, I’ve been overwhelmed by the excitement of going back to university in 2 weeks. In fact, I’d go as far to say that I’m even more excited to go back than I was last year, when everything was completely new.

To tell you the truth, this summer has been shit. What, at the start of June, promised to be a summer of catching up with friends, visiting the boyfriend, and the prospect of a summer job, turned out to be me sitting at home all day, with no job, no boyfriend, and no money. Joyous, right?

I’ve caught up with my friends a couple of times, sure, but for the most part, while I’m stuck at home, most of my friends are always busy with work or boyfriends, and when they do want to go out, it always involves money, which I have none of!

I had 3 job interviews over the course of summer, and obviously, was unsuccessful for them all. What is it that makes me so unemployable? Is it my fault that the 3 jobs I have had were only 1 month contracts? I’ve had experience in retail and childcare, so it’s not like I’m completely limited. Maybe I’m just disliked by employers…

And of course, the inevitable “no boyfriend” moaning. Instead of me spending the summer visiting him in Cambridgeshire (which, in the end, saved me travel money. So thanks for that, I guess!), I spent it sat at home, moping about how much I miss the bastard. How perfect.


Maybe the reason I’m so excited to go back, is because this time, I know I have some amazing friends to go back and spend time with, some really lovely girls to live with, and of course, my beautiful student loan to live off! I’ll finally get back my nights out, and perhaps the best: a double bed! All hail the second year perks!

Be prepared for some uni-life blog posts in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment