Monday 12 August 2013

The Simple Things

It’s been a long summer… I’ve been home from uni since the middle of June, and yeah, it was fun at first, but I’d be lying if I said I haven’t spent the last few weeks at home, in my pyjamas, spending all day on The Sims. When it gets to the point where you have no money to be able to go out and enjoy yourself, it gets boring. And I can’t wait to go back!

But because I’ve been spending so much time at home, I’ve come to realise just how much I can enjoy the simple things. Last week, me and my good friend, Laura, decided that we would go for a walk along the south bank of the Thames. Being in such close proximity to London, it’s easy for us to do little things like that.

Although we didn’t even do much apart from walk (a long way, I might add!), it was nice to just talk to her about the things going on in our lives, while enjoying the sights. I really do love London, and even though it’s hard to see past the hustle and bustle of tourists sometimes, it really is a beautiful place.




I’ve decided that for the rest of the summer, if there’s a day when I’m stuck at home, instead of complaining about boredom, I’ll go out and do something. Even if it’s something as trivial as a walk through my local park, I’ll try and find the beauty in it, and snap a picture or two for this very blog. Maybe finding beauty in everything will help to cover up the bad things.

No comments:

Post a Comment