Saturday 8 August 2015

London Views and Bradley Cooper

Last Saturday, it was my dearest mother's birthday, so to mark the occasion, I took her on a surprise trip to London where she had literally no idea what the plans were! 

Our first stop was the Sky Garden on Fenchurch Street. I'd heard good things about this place from a friend and it sounded right up my mum's street! So up we went in the lift, 36 floors in 12 seconds, and entered one of the strangest rooms I think I've ever been in. 


It was basically what it says on the tin: a garden in the sky! As we walked in, we were greeted to a bar and restaurant, with a balcony giving us access to an incredible view of the London skyline. And lemme tell ya, my mum's a sucker for a good view! 



There were really quirky touches to the place, like this bright yellow bike, just chilling by the door! 


And then you walk up some stairs, and BAM! It felt like a much lower scale version of one of the botanical gardens at Kew. 


It truly was beautiful, and as the building was made of glass, it gave us a 360 degree view of the entire city! 



If you're ever in London and have a little time to spare, I'd definitely recommend the Sky Garden. Tickets are FREE and can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance from here!

After a quick pit stop at Starbucks, we went to Pizza Express for dinner - a personal favourite of mine! Mum had a voucher for a free bottle of prosecco as a birthday gift from the restaurant, which was the perfect touch to the celebrations. We shared the Dough Balls Doppio to start - I can't go to Pizza Express without getting these! And for our mains, I got the Margherita Bufala, and mum got La Reine, which we would both recommend! 




And for the final stop on the surprise birthday adventure, I took her to the Haymarket Theatre. For this. 


I'd heard some amazing reviews of the broadway show, and didn't even realise it was coming to London until my housemates told me they'd booked tickets! So naturally, I went online straight away and snapped up two tickets!

My mum is a huge Bradley Cooper fan, so I knew she'd love it, even if the play itself is a little dark. But oh me oh my! It was emotional, it was funny, it was just brilliant. The acting was amazing, from all three leads, not just Mr Cooper! But he obviously gets the main applause here, as he was just tremendous! I would recommend buying a ticket, but by the time this post goes live, the show will have ended its run! Just take my word for it that it was amazing! 

After the show, we legged it to stage door, where we got some of the cast members to sign our programme. Including Bradley Cooper. He looked at me, smiled, and said "of course" when I asked him to sign it. That is all. 

It really was a fantastic day, and I'm so glad my dearest mother enjoyed herself! 

Have you treated anyone special in your life to anything interesting lately? Put it in the comments below, I'd love to hear your stories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment