Wednesday 27 August 2014

Acropolis of Athens

Well, it's certainly been a while, hasn't it! Apologies for the lack of posts over the last few weeks, but I've been so busy! I was in Athens for a week, then the day after I got home, I was off to Bolton to visit family, and I'm currently on my ONE day at home before heading to Sheffield for Mr T's sister's wedding! To be honest, I'm getting pretty sick of travelling!

I have some pretty exciting things coming up on this blog (stay tuned!), but until then, I wanted to share with you one of my favourite things about visiting Athens.

On my last day there, I decided to venture out into the city on my own, and climb the famous Acropolis hill to see the Parthenon and the ruins. I was told that the climb was torture, but I didn't find that at all!

I got lost on my way there, but found some of the cutest Greek streets and the most beautiful views. And I couldn't stop snapping pictures the entire climb; it was so breathtaking!





For those of you who are unaware of the Acropolis, this is it both during the day and night! Beautiful, right?




Once you reach the top, you can look at the ancient ruins, the most famous being the Parthenon. I had to take a selfie. 




But my favourite part about the Acropolis, was the astounding views I got to take in! I've never felt so calm and in awe of anything so much before. 







Who wouldn't be blown away by this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment