Saturday 28 June 2014

Ducklings, Boats and Burgers

I spent a few days last week visiting the boy (I like to not use his name online, but if someone could come up with an alternative to "boyfriend" that I could use in future posts, please do in the comments. It would be much appreciated!) in Cambridgeshire, where I was treated to good weather, food and views! Of course I took a few snaps to capture the beauty of the weekend...

I think I've mentioned in a previous post that his parents run a pub in this cute little village. Last week they hosted their annual hog roast with live music, food and a great atmosphere. I was unfortunately way too excited about the food to actually take a picture of it! 

The following day, we went out on the "Bon King" boat (get it? If you don't, your mind is too innocent! xD), with his parents, where I drank, sunbathed, fed the ducklings, and admired the views from the river. 









We then went to the cutest pub garden for dinner and wine. 



On my last day, we ventured into Cambridge for dinner before my train home. We'd both heard a lot about Byron Burger from friends, so decided to give it a try, and my-oh-my! We were not disappointed! 



I went for the Classic Cheeseburger, while he went for the Byron Burger (with fries and homemade chips for sides).




My favourite part of this place was the milkshakes though! Thick and creamy, I went for the Oreo while he opted for Chocolate. Both were exquisite. 


Have you been anywhere interesting lately? Leave it in the comments, I'd love to hear your own experiences! 

4 comments:

  1. Love your pictures!
    PS I call my boyfriend "the boy" to my coworkers and friends. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of what to refer to him as on here! "Boyfriend" makes it feel like I'm about 15! :P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a reason you can't just use his first name or maybe just the initial of his first name. Like my boyfriend Stephen would be S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to use his first name just to respect his privacy I guess. But you have a point with just an initial. He could actually be Mr T. and that would have a good little comedy element to it too! :P

    ReplyDelete