Saturday 21 June 2014

Happy Birthday, Confessions of an Essex Girl!

How much can change in a year, huh? It's mad to think that the whole reason I started this blog was to have a place to write down and rant about the issues I was having with the end of my relationship and now, exactly a year on, I've been back with said ex for quite some time, and I can honestly say I can't remember us being so happy before. As you're reading this, I'll be on a train to stay with him for his parents' pub's annual summer hog roast (apparently it's this big thing!). I've even been invited to his sister's wedding this August, something this time last year I wouldn't have even imagined. This past year has definitely proved to me that second chances aren't necessarily a bad thing, and that they can improve things drastically!

I joined the #2014BloggerChallenge this year, and gained some of the most wonderful readers through this! I've reached about 60 followers on Bloglovin, which I'm so so proud of. Even though a lot of bloggers wouldn't think that that's a lot, I disagree completely. Imagine 60 people in a room. That's a lot of people. People that enjoy reading little slices of my life. And that makes me incredibly happy.

I read all of your comments, and I appreciate every single one of them. It makes me smile that some of you would take the time out of your day to read and comment on my posts.

So here I am, a year on, back in Essex for the summer, where I've made some wonderful friends through this little blog, been able to grow as a writer, and even write about topics that I've now become more confident about writing (beauty/fashion etc.). I know a lot of bloggers run competitions for their blog birthdays, or giveaways. I can't afford to offer you free stuff if I'm honest, nor do I have any connections with companies to get them for you. But I can offer my complete gratitude.

Thank you so much for reading (heck, even enjoying) my little blog. Let me know in the comments what's your favourite type of blog post! And here's to another year of Confessions of an Essex Girl!

I love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment