Sunday 4 May 2014

The Diner

Last week, my beautiful housemate Gaby came to stay with me in Essex. She actually lives in Mexico, so didn't go home for the Easter break because of the ridiculous amount of money that a plane ticket would have cost! So instead, she spent 5 days with me, shopping, walking and plenty of eating!

As I live so close to London (it takes about 25 minutes to get to Central London from my nearest tube station), we decided to spend the Saturday (her 21st birthday!), shopping on Oxford Street & Regent Street, and wandering around Soho. We stumbled across this cute American diner that I'd heard about and we just had to give it a try!


The Diner has several locations across London, and the Soho branch was literally just off of Carnaby Street. The interior (I was too caught up in the moment to take a picture. #BadBlogger) is the typical American diner layout, with a bar in the middle and numerous booth tables dotted around. 

We decided that we wanted to try a bit of everything, so we ordered a hot dog, burger, fries and corn dogs to split between us. I was also extremely excited that they had Dr Pepper on the menu! 




The food came fairly quickly (although the waitress seriously needed to lighten up a little; whatever happened to service with a smile?), and everything was amazing. The fries were the perfect amount of crispy, and I got to try a corn dog for the first time - we both loved them! 

For dessert, we had to get milkshakes, because why go to an American diner if you don't order a real milkshake? Mine was hazelnut and vanilla, Gaby's Oreo, and both were beautifully thick. They even give you the leftover milkshake so you can refill it! 



Finally, we ordered Gaby a birthday brownie, which was just melt-in-your-mouth delicious! 


I absolutely loved the atmosphere and music in this diner, and will definitely be returning! Oh, did I mention that the toilets were very reminiscent of the Ministry of Magic? 


1 comment: