Sunday 3 January 2016

Hello, 2016

This feels strange... It's the first time in months I've actually sat down to write a blog post. In fact, I'm 90% sure I was ready to pack in the entire thing. It's difficult, losing all of the posts you worked so hard on for years. Even though I was slowly working my way through all of my old posts, trying to recover my images (we're still not finished!), I'd completely lost all motivation to blog. It was like my love for blogging had disappeared, along with all of the images. 

But this year, I want to start up again. I had so much love for this little blog, so in 2016, I want to continue to let that love grow, but this time on my own terms. I'm going to post what I like, when I like, not tying myself down to any strict schedule or timetable. That way, I won't feel under pressure to post new content, or post things that my heart just isn't in. 

I thought I'd kick things off with one of my favourite posts to look back on - a year in review! 2015 was such a lovely year for me, and I know that I'll thank myself in a few years for writing this when I look back!

Myself & T.

The start of 2015 marked our second anniversary together, where we celebrated with waistcoats, Italian food and prosecco - the recipe for a perfect night, right! 2015 was also the year that - I'm cringing already, please excuse the cheesiness - we really grew as a couple. We celebrated each others graduations together with a couple of days in Canterbury, we went on our first holiday and we also spent our first Christmas together. It's been a good year for us!













New Friends

2015 was also the year that I made some new and wonderful friends. From working at my old job, I met some truly amazing people, some of which have remained firmly in my life since leaving work, and moving away. Ellie, you've always wanted a place in my blog, so here it is! I miss you an awful lot, and I can't wait to come and visit you and Wilson again soon! And Rosie, from our Starbucks dates to dinner dates, you're one of my favourite people in the world, and I'll forever be your little pea <3






Prague 

2015 was the year I visited my gorgeous friend Gaby, who was studying there on her year abroad. It was such a beautiful city, and I loved exploring with one of my nearest and dearest. 







In May, I was lucky enough to meet one of my favourite bloggers, Fleur de Force, for afternoon tea at the Berkley Hotel in London. It was so interesting to meet someone who has made a living out of blogging, and we had some really interesting chats over the most gorgeous food. 



Food

Speaking of food, I was pretty well fed this year... 

Strada, Canterbury
Las Iguanas, Lakeside
Club Burrito, Canterbury
Prague
Prague
Prague
Pizza Express, Canterbury
Homemade Rocky Road
Prague
Chocolate Cafe, Canterbury
Afternoon Tea, Dover
Prezzo, Upminster
Spain 
The Waffle House, St. Albans
Quitting My Job

As mentioned before, I met some wonderful people working at that nightclub. But my god, did I hate it there. I worked there for a little over a year, and put up with a hell of a lot that I shouldn't have. I was accused of stealing with no proof whatsoever, only to get a half-assed apology 3 weeks later. And then I was turned away from a promotion, and then lied to by the owner about why people who had only been there for a few weeks had got the promotion. That was the last straw, and I left. I don't think I've ever felt a bigger weight being lifted from my shoulders. The management were truly awful, and I wouldn't wish that treatment on anybody.

Mother-Daughter Dates

This year saw some super cute day trips with my lovely mother. We hiked the White Cliffs of Dover, and spent the day in London going to the Sky Garden, eating a prosecco fuelled dinner, and seeing Bradley Cooper in The Elephant Man. 








Exploring Canterbury

2015 was my final year in Canterbury, so I took it upon myself (and a couple of good friends!), to discover new places in my beautiful city. And it didn't disappoint. I walked the 7 mile trip to Whitstable with my friend Pedro, walking along the cycle path through the countryside scenery, and discovered a beautiful country park with my housemate Kirstie!










Graduation

Speaking of my last year in Canterbury, the biggest thing to happen in 2015 was of course my graduation! In July, I graduated the University of Kent with a 2:1 in Film Studies. Honestly, the actual degree isn't that important; it got me onto my PGCE course - the most stressful, yet rewarding course ever! - to allow me to become a primary school teacher. But more importantly, it was a lovely day, celebrating the last three years with the incredible friends I'd gained along the way.












My 22nd & New Year's Eve

In December, I turned 22 years old, my Taylor Swift year, and although the day itself was pretty dull, the weekend after was fabulous. T and I went into St. Albans for dinner and drinks at a bar called The Snug, and the day after, we went ice skating at the Natural History Museum with my friends Andy and Kayley. Seriously, the most beautiful place ever! After a perfect Christmas with T and his family, and a lovely week back home, I went back to Canterbury for New Year's Eve, where I donned a flapper dress and spent an hour pinning my hair into a faux bob, all in the name o a good old fashioned 1920s party. It honestly felt like I was in The Great Gatsby.








2015, it's been a blast. Let's hope 2016 can match it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment