Tuesday 17 December 2013

Adulthood

Yesterday was my birthday. My 20th birthday. I can longer be classified as a teenager anymore, and to be perfectly honest, that scares me a lot!

It's never really occurred to me how much is going to change over the next few years, now that I've finally hit my twenties. I mean for a start, instead of spending my birthday at home, relaxing with friends and family, I spent the entire day writing essays. A joyous occasion, right?

I signed the contract last week for next year's house for uni, and not only had to pay the £150 admin fee, but in January, I'll have to pay a £400 deposit, too. Because a house of three girls are going to destroy the place, of course! I also had to endure a £104 phone bill, because I stupidly forgot to check whether I'd run over my call allowances. Money has never been a real issue for me until now. I'm not rich or anything, far from it, but I've always been extremely careful with my money and always budgeted perfectly. But it's like this term, everything's got the better of me, and I'm now a painstakingly £500 into my overdraft. Life sucks.

I'm hoping that this year will treat me well though. I'm hoping for a drastic change of luck, and that I'll manage to go back to being a total gem with my money! I blame Christmas, if I'm perfectly honest!

*sigh*

P.S. If you missed my last post, I'm a part of the 2014 Blogger Challenge, something I'm really looking forward to! You can expect the first post in the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. happy belated birthday !
    i have nominated you for an Leibster award you can check it out here!
    http://hello-gutentag.blogspot.ca/2013/12/leibster-award.html

    Jenn xo

    ReplyDelete